The Leadership Committee Needs Your Help!
The AHMP Leadership Committee is asking you to submit a nomination for yourself or names of members who are interested in and qualify to serve AHMP in the following positions: Vice President/President-Elect, Secretary, and two director-at-large positions.
The Nomination Submission Deadline Is May 12, 2017.
- Be a member in good standing.
- Be a CHMM or other professional certified by IHMM (for VP and Secretary).
- Have served as an AHMP committee chair or a chapter president, or have served on another board in a leadership role.
We are striving to match competencies/skill sets to the needs of the organization and present a slate of board members that reflects those competencies. Core competencies have been identified by the Leadership Committee. Please review these competencies below and determine if you would like to be considered for a position on our board.
- Leadership Development: Experience with executive level professional development, leadership training, and coaching to grow leadership skills of all board of directors and committee members.
- Organizational Change Management and Strategic Planning: Able to translate strategic plans into tactical actions to accomplish long-range goals, including visioning, overcoming resistance to change, achieving stakeholder buy-in, and communicating results.
- Effective Networking: Ability to establish and leverage valuable networks and contacts across multiple organizations, lines of business, and industries to solicit new individual members; attain corporate sponsorships and memberships; market events, products, and services; and elevate awareness of the AHMP brand, available resources, and subject matter expertise.
- Knowledge of the Industry: Possess a diverse breadth of experience within the hazardous materials management profession.
Please submit names and contact information (email and phone number) to the Leadership Committee chair, Joe E Jenkins, PG, CHMM, CPESC, no later than noon on May 12, 2017.
Nominations must include confirmation that the nominee has been contacted by the nominator and he or she is willing and able to serve in the position. The committee will contact the members you have referred.
We appreciate your help in ensuring a strong leadership team for the future of AHMP. If you have any questions, please contact Joe E Jenkins at (719) 650-2922 or Leadership.elections@AHMPnet.org.
Our bylaws-driven process for selecting the slate of nominees for the 2018 AHMP Board includes four steps:
- We announce that we are seeking nominees. Nominees are provided with a job description, a nomination form seeking information on the nominee’s experience with AHMP national committees, AHMP chapter management, or other non-profit organizations, and other documents including a Confidentiality form, Commitment form (personal, as well as employer authorization), and Conflict of Interest form. Within 30 days of the announcement, each nominee must return a completed forms package to the AHMP Leadership Committee.
- Nominees are evaluated and one nominee per available board position is chosen for the slate. This slate of nominees is then announced to AHMP members.
- Upon announcement of the slate, AHMP opens a 30-day window in which we again ask for nominations from the floor. Any member can submit a nomination for themselves or others. If nominations are made, they are reviewed for basic minimum qualifications. Those who meet the qualification standards are added to the slate and an election is held.
- Following an election, or, if no names were added to the slate from the floor, the 2018 Board is announced.
Vice President/President Elect is a three-year commitment (includes one year as Immediate Past President), Secretary is a two-year term, and Director-at-Large positions are for three years. Participation in all board meetings and functions is expected. There are typically four to six board meetings per year with two in-person meetings, one in January and one at the National Conference. All other meetings are held by teleconference or webinar.