2019 Submission Deadline: To be announced
This award is presented to chapters for their outgoing and incoming communications with members and the general public. Each chapter’s communication program will be evaluated based on creativity in using written and/or electronic communications media; quality, effectiveness, and currency of communications; overall appearance and consistency of image and message; and effectiveness in promoting the chapter, AHMP, the hazardous materials management profession, and hazardous materials management credentials.
The following are examples of communications media that will be evaluated:
- Social media
- External providers (newspapers, magazines, news wires, electronic media)
Effective communication of the following minimum content is required for award consideration:
- Calendar of events for chapter and AHMP events and programs.
- Contact information for all chapter officers, directors, and committee chairs, and AHMP executive director and president (may be done with a web link).
- Chapter and AHMP membership information.
- Chapter bylaws.
- Chapter event and professional development programs announcements and information.
- News, information, articles, announcements, etc., pertinent to hazardous materials professionals.
- Promotion of chapter and AHMP elections.
- Promotion of AHMP, the AHMP website, and AHMP products and events.
Narrative description of communications program and successes, program statistics for the award year, and copies/images of communications “products” (web address is sufficient for that medium). This award may be given as many times as a nominee qualifies for it and scores higher than all other qualified nominees.
Chapter Communication Program of the Year Award Evaluation Form/Cover Sheet